--- Start of Idrisi List message
Dear All,

Does Idrisi support sinusoidal projections?  As far as I can see it
doesn't, but there is always the chance it might be called something
different or can be simulated with another projection.

I want to use AVHRR Pathfinder data which is in Interrupted Goode
Homolosine projection.  This has various regions and the bit I'm
interested in (region 4) is based on a sinusoidal projection.  It
appears to use a sphere for the ellipsoid and, in the absence of
other info, I'm assuming a WGS84 datum (?).

The methodology for converting Goode stuff to Idrisi (via WinDisp4)
posted 9 Jun by Marlies Craig (thank you very much) does provide a
work around, but I thought I'd just check that there wasn't a more
direct route.  Idrisi and AVHRR Pathfinder seem such a natural
pairing.

Thanks in advance,

Anita

Anita Perryman         Natural Resources Institute
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
RAPIDS Home Page: http://www.nri.org/RAPIDS

--- End of Idrisi List message

IDRISI-L is an unmoderated list. As a service to list users, please post a
summary of useful responses to your questions.
subscribe to the list, send an email from the address to be subscribed to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with "subscribe" (without quotes) as the first line
of the message body. To unsubscribe, do the same, only with "unsubscribe"
as the first line of the message body.