--- Start of Idrisi List message
Dear Idrisi-L list owner
cc: the Idrisi-list

With reference to the recent mass distribution of a virus infected executable file
through idrisi-l, I would strongly encourage you to disable the possibility of
including
attachments (of any sort) for postings sent to Idrisi-L.

I have myself some experience as mailing list owner. Most reasonably up-to-date
mailing list software allows the list owner to set 'disable attachments' as a list
functionality.

Those with valuable software, documents, or data that they would like to share with
others in the Idrisi user community, will then instead have to notifiy the list about
it,
and offer access by means of an own ftp or web site, or by sending as attachment to
those who request directly.

Best regards

Sindre Langaas
----
Assistant Professor Sindre Langaas
Div. of Land and Water Resources
Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: +46-8-7908612
Telefax: +46-8-4110775
--- End of Idrisi List message

IDRISI-L is an unmoderated list. As a service to list users, please post a
summary of useful responses to your questions.
subscribe to the list, send an email from the address to be subscribed to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with "subscribe" (without quotes) as the first line
of the message body. To unsubscribe, do the same, only with "unsubscribe"
as the first line of the message body.