--- Start of Idrisi List message
Cheng:

I use the freeware NIMA.mil software suite: NIMAMUSE 2.1 to import
their DTED Level 0, and 1 DEMs. NIMAMUSE comes with a host of software
installed under the main program icon: Raster Importer 2.1.3 (the
utility I use to import DTEDs); Fusion 2.1; Perspective Scene; and Line
of Sight 1.1. I'm not exactly sure of the NIMA military site address,
just search Altavista for said.

Once the  scene is open, you could export the hillshaded DTED DEM in a
raster format like tif, and open in IDRISI, by defining the coordinates
and cell size (1-kilometer, or whatever).

I prefer to use the DTED-derived world scene from GTOPO30 tiles
(download, unTAR, and add the file extension: .BIL, and import into
IDRISI by defining the coords and cell size, etc), then subset down to
the area of interest).

Derek Parent
Concordia University
Montreal, Canada

--- Cheng Hong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- Start of Idrisi List message
> Hi,
>    I'm working on a project which requires me to generate the terrain
> based on the DTED data and shape files(the shore lines). Does anyone
> has any experience doing it?
>
> It would be great if anyone know of any DTED reader and shape file
> reader(*.shp)?

http://auctions.yahoo.com/
--- End of Idrisi List message

IDRISI-L is an unmoderated list. As a service to list users, please post a
summary of useful responses to your questions.
subscribe to the list, send an email from the address to be subscribed to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with "subscribe" (without quotes) as the first line
of the message body. To unsubscribe, do the same, only with "unsubscribe"
as the first line of the message body.
The list is archived at
http://www.mail-archive.com/idrisi-l%40clarklabs.org/.