--- Start of Idrisi List message
Hi..

I have received some comments about this issue. It seems to be a major one,
as most of responses said in short "nothing to do".

Anyway, Conway Pene fron University of South Pacific (Fiji) arrived with the
solution, although may be a bit time consuming if you have lots of
workstations.

For some reason, the group "power users" have enough rights to run Idrisi32
on Windows 2000 (I wonder which are these specific privileges), so the
solution proposed by Conway is (quote):

---
1.  Log on to the machine as administrator.
2.  Go to Users and Passwords in the Control Panel
3.  Click on the Advanced tab, and under Advanced User Management, click on
the Advanced button.
4.  In the Local Users and Groups window that pops up, click on the Groups
folder, and double click on Power Users.
5.  Click on Add in the Power Users Properties window, and add the domain
members or local members to the group.
---

This has to be done in every workstation, but enables the members of  the
choosen group (from domain in my case), to use Idrisi normally. It works.

No idea if this issue persists in the new release of Idrisi.

--
Luis Carvacho B.
Instituto de Geografía

--- End of Idrisi List message

IDRISI-L is an unmoderated list. As a service to list users, please post a
summary of useful responses to your questions.
subscribe to the list, send an email from the address to be subscribed to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with "subscribe" (without quotes) as the first line
of the message body. To unsubscribe, do the same, only with "unsubscribe"
as the first line of the message body.
The list is archived at
http://www.mail-archive.com/idrisi-l%40clarklabs.org/.