I re-ran the install on my SLES11 box and I got SSL working.  I did an SSL only
config.  This time, during the ifolder-web-setup and ifolder-admin-setup
routines, it imported the certificate.  So before running those commands,
Apache must be setup and RUNNNING with SSL configured properly (which I think
the docs actually state).  I also believe the subject name in the certificate
MUST match.  I think this may have been my whole problem.  I was never getting
the prompt to import the certificate before because I was doing a BOTH config
and not giving it HTTPS links, so the cert. never got imported.

That doc on Apache SSL says to just copy the vhost-ssl.template file to
vhost-ssl.conf.  But I actually put the ServerName directive in this time with
the matching name from the cert and voila, everything seems to work now.  I'm
wondering if the installer would see a non-matching name and not like the cert.
as well.

In any event, it seems to work just fine now with SSL.

Matt

--

-----
Matt Weisberg