Yes.  It was really quite simple.  The problem was never Apache, the SSL
configuration was always correct.  The problem was that there is no clear
documentation (at least to me) on how the different parts/pieces of iFolder and
Simias work together.  I wanted to do a BOTH install just so I could experiment
with SSL, so I kept on doing that, but here is the key, at this point in
ifolder-web-setup:

---
----- REQUIRE SSL -----
Require a secure connection between the browsers and
the iFolder Web Access application

Require SSL? [Y]: N

----- REQUIRE SERVER SSL -----
Require a secure connection between the iFolder Server
and the iFolder Web Access application

Require Server SSL? [Y]:
--

and in ifolder-admin-setup:

----- REQUIRE SSL -----
Require a secure connection between the browsers and
the iFolder Web Admin application

Require SSL? [Y]: N

----- REQUIRE SERVER SSL -----
Require a secure connection between the iFolder Server
and the iFolder Web Admin application

Require Server SSL? [Y]:
---

I was saying NO to both of those.  That will NOT WORK for a BOTH install.  If
you want to do a BOTH install, you MUST Require Server SSL on the second
question for the connection between the iFolder server and the application.
Otherwise, it never imports the cert and can never contact Simias.  That was
the thing that was tripping me up the ENTIRE time.  That simple yes/no
question.  Had I realized that, I would not have had any issues at all on
OpenSUSE 11.1 and SUSE 11 (granted, I should have tried a NONSSL install from
the get go).

I will say this, I really like the new Windows client.  Nice job there!  And
the system is fast!  I was very impressed.  Now, if the Mac client could be
improved to be like the Windows one :)

But overall, I think iFolder 3.8 feels like the most solid build since the
iFolder 2.x days.  My faith is restored!

Matt

--------
Matt Weisberg
Weisberg Consulting, Inc.