I should add...I just followed the "Delete the Simias Data Store" procedure for the client, and it did something interesting, but didn't fix the issue.

Upon trying to connect this time, it said that the server was not a trusted source (which is expected since SSL isn't completely configured). I clicked "Yes" and was half-expecting it to work...but ended up getting the same error message a few seconds later.

"An error was encountered while connecting to the iFolder server. Please verify the information entered and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your network administrator."

Thanks again for any insight...
AL