>>>No I was just suggesting that "rude"(which apparently
>>>only I felt) comments to linux newbies from Linux gurus
>>>can act as a detterent to newbies from being a part of Linux
community. >>>Some initial mouth feeding could resolve this?

Why we guys always have an escapist attitude??? We never want to open a
book or document and dream that some day some magician will come with
his magic stick, will make a liquid of the book and will put it in our
brain...
I *believe* that "no one" in this group will refuse to answer a sub
query on a query (provided you have made a sincere effort to tackle
that...

>>>Oh I dont know!
>>>But this is similar to reinventing the wheel.
>>>Something GNU is against.]
>>>To a tribe that has seen a wheel for the first time,
>>>isnt it better for the
>>>world if the tribe is shown how a wheel
>>>is used rather than handling them a
>>>manual they can't read.

Good example!!! But I never knew that you are unable to read the
manual...
Plz, I am sure that you are grown enough to read something written in
simple salty English and even if you find some spice in it, you can
always refer to www.dictionary.com. And if any Technical query (no
matter how basic it may be); you are always welcome to post them in the
list...

>>>The tribe could then develop if furhter, rather than
>>>discovering the use of the wheel on their own
>>>and then starting on to
>>>something better OR dumping the wheel aside
>>>because they couldnt figure what a wheel is all about!

Believe me, I would be the last person on this earth to discourage any
one or be a hindrance in the development on anyone in this world...
You are most welcome to post any of the queries/questions/suggestions
and I am "nobody" to stop anyone from doing this...

>>>Ofcourse, Sandip's point of hiring is accepted.
>>>But "hire or I wont tell you a thing,
>>>just do what you want with the manual"
>>>is unhealthy.
>>>Can we call the tribe dumb if they are not
>>>able to figure out the use of a wheel on their own ?

>>>Mercy! But ...are you drunk or a philosopher?

Sorry!!! I don't drink and it was just to lighten up the mood...

"At the center of the Linux philosophy is a concept that we now call
Open Source Software"

Cheers!!!

Regards,

Gurpreet Singh Sachdeva