dear all,

At one of the PC I have installed win98/win2k/Mandrake 9.0. While installing Mandrake
9.0  I have assigned to /boot a 10 MB space (/dev/hda7) and with the help of bootable
floppy in /etc I compiled lilo and then issued the command as dd if=/dev/hda7
of=bootsect.lnx count=1 bs=512 then copied this file to /mnt/win_c. Though linux is
booted without any problem using win2k bootloader (boot.ini) but it takes
approximately 4-5 minutes. But when I try to load the linux with the bootable floppy
my same linux is booted within seconds. Please guide where I am making a mistake. I
have installed linux twicely but of no avail. A valuable guide for this will be
appreciable.

in nutshell why booting linux from bootable floppy is fast whether from hard disk's
boot sector ie. /dev/hda9 is slow.

Best regards

MALKIAT

MALKIAT