Hello all

With a heavy heart I regret to inform you all that the much hyped up "Girls in Linux" which was to be organized by LL has been canceled. Since we could not allow the geeks to sit idle on the 3rd Sunday of the month (18th July), it was decided after painful research (there was not much research, but it was painful) that we will have an Open Forum in this meet.

In the Open Forum, anyone can ask a question and anyone can provide an answer. For example, you can ask questions on Playfair, Copyleft, CD distributions, Open Office, tricky software installs, networking and security. This is a good opportunity for the newbies to get suggestions from the members. It would be better if you can post your questions on the list beforehand and the discussion can continue in real life.

If you would like to give a presentation in this meet, then do put in an email giving the topic of your talk.

Also, we would need a venue for the meet. The venue should at the minimum provide seating capacity for about 30-35 and a Linux workstation with OpenOffice.

Any suggestions ?
--
Raj Shekhar,
System Administrator