[Please use ilug-dev for programming questions. CCing to it. All future
replies will only go there.]

On Wednesday 01 Sep 2004 4:12 pm, amitflu wrote:

> I need to use the name of the Standard output
> file provided by the user in a shell script.
> for example:-
> ./myscript.sh > amit.txt
> so I need to use "amit.txt" somewhere into my
> shell scipt.
> So please tell me how can i fetch it.

You cant. there is no concept of stand output *file*. There is just standard
output. If you want to write to the file, dont use redirection - pass the
file name as a parameter to the script, and write to it.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya    *    Puroga Technologies   *     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work: http://www.puroga.com        *         Home: http://www.sandipb.net

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3

The problem with graduate students, in general, is that they have
to sleep every few days.