On 1/4/06, Gora Mohanty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ankush grover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I want to resize the existing partition /home.Currently
> > /home is of 20GB and 18GB is full.
> [...]
>
> > The partition type id ext3 what I wanted to know is  there
> > any tool or utility on Linux which can do this?
>
> > I am using FC3.
> GNU parted lets you resize ext3 partitions. See "man parted" for
> details. There are even GUI frontends, e.g., qtparted, but these
> might have slightly reduced functionality. When manipulating
> partitions, it is always a good idea to back up your data ahead of
> time.
>
> Regards,
> Gora
>
> Hey,

Thanks for the earlier reply.

Suppose my /home partition is on first hard drive(/dev/hda4) and there is no
> space on the first hard drive.If I install the 2nd hard drive(/dev/hdb)
> can I take the whole or some free space from the 2nd hard drive and add it
> to the /home partition on the first hard drive.

For ex I have one existing hdd of 80 GB on which /home has 20GB now I add
another hard drive of 40 GB and want to assign whole space of the new hard
drive to the /home partition which is on the first hard drive. Is this
possible ?

Thanks & Regards

Ankush