hi,
  check out nut.
  http://eu1.networkupstools.org/client-projects/

Sudev Barar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  On 1/11/06, Tanveer Singh  wrote:

> > > I can't say anything about ur script.But if you r using APC ups you can
> > > use
> > > apcsd software for monitoring them.
> >

> I have a APC ups with USB. So I am wondering wether I can use it in linux.
> Currently the daemon starts but cant talk to the UPS inspite of me following
> the HOWTO. Any tips of pointers?

The file to be edited is apcupsd.conf
Three issues that need to be edited in this very well commented file
UPS Type - smart or backup
Cable type - See your cable and check if the number exists in the
commented area. If it does give the number or type of cable
Device - Serial / USB etc etc.

Works perfectly under various flavours of RH/FC/Debian?Ubuntu.
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux

catch ya later (Ive gotta UnWire Life!!!)
  shiv