On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 04:16 +0530, Saurabh Nanda wrote:
> o I read some articles about Linux running into troubles with Intel Centrino
> based laptops -- especially the WLAN card. Can someone give me a first hand
> account?

I'm running ubuntu on my HP centrino laptop. No problems with WLAN.

> o Other factors remaining the same, there's a difference of about Rs 10k
> between Celeron-M and Centrino based laptops. Is the gain in performance
> worth the cost?

Not sure but I think there is a significant performance gain incase
you're doing things like video editing, etc. Incase of normal use,
that's 10k down the drain.

> I've read quite a few opinions online but most of them do not mention the
> specific models available in India, or do not address the Linux
> compatibility issue at all.

I would recommend that you run a live CD on the model before purchasing
just to make sure there isn't any glaring incompatibilities.

Regards,
Akshay