On 3/8/06, Romil Mittal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not able to input Japanese characters in any application on AIX. It
> seems like the problem is with 'input method (im)' for the language.

Hi,
Scim & iiimf can do the work for you. I don't know what package
manager runs on AIX, but if you can get following packages, there
should not be any problem.
I can input japanese characters in FC4 without any problem.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ rpm -qa | grep scim
scim-qtimm-0.9.4-0.fc4
scim-tables-0.5.5-1.fc4
scim-tables-additional-0.5.5-1.fc4
scim-1.4.2-5.fc4
scim-m17n-0.1.4-1.fc4
scim-libs-1.4.2-5.fc4

Also get Anthy & scim-anthy packages installed.
Scim has obsoleted iiimf. Input methods in FC5 are based on scim... so
i'll suggest that go for scim.

Hoping it helps...
:)
Mayank
--
http://makuchaku.info
When you speak out with the courage of your convictions, people listen!