On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 4:47 AM, Navjot Kukreja <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Any suggestions on this, or a simpler way of going about this than learning
> to customize a CMS?

   - A script that I've been using is called 'Olate', with which you can
   provide categorized downloads to multiple users, and custom fields in
   downloads, etc..
   - You could use Drupal and a module called "webfm" which gives you an
   AJAX powered interface, drag and drop files, advanced permission features
   and then its basically a drupal module, so you can do much more with
   "Views", "Panels" and other drupal modules to create a mockup download
   portal. project homepage: http://drupal.org/project/webfm, demo site:
   http://vera-ikona.com/
   - Though this might not be what you are looking for the best php file
   managers I've known are http://www.phpexplorer.org and
   phpfm.sourceforge.net
   - If you want to create a file hosting site like rapidshare, I know there
   was an old script called php-Rapidshare which was a rapidshare clone, google
   and you'll find it.
   - And if you want a plain old directory-listing style display of
   downloads, tryout http://sourceforge.net/projects/charon-dl/. It's cool
   ;)

You can find many other scripts out there. Checkout hotscripts.com and
sourceforge.net.
--
Angad Singh
http://angadsingh.in

"The best way to predict future is to invent it"