Hey

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:14 PM, Swapnil Bhartiya
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have Nokia N70, with Airtel GPRS activated. Can someone please suggest how
> to connect it through Ubuntu 8.04 to access the Internet.

Follow these steps to connect to Airtel GPRS:

1. Connect the phone to the PC/laptop.
2. Run wvdialconf command from the terminal which creates a
configuration file for wvdial
3. Open /etc/wvdial.conf and add the following commands:

Init3 = AT+CGDCONT=1, "IP", "airtelgprs.com"

4. Check for other settings it should be similar to values given below

ISDN = 0
New PPPD = yes
Phone = *99***1#
Modem = /dev/ttyACM0
Username = a
Password = a
Baud = 9600

Username /password may change for you. The modem device also may change.

5. Now type wvdial from the terminal and the GPRS should be connected

It works for me but with the Motorola L7 . It should work for you with
Nokia N70 too. Let me know if you face any problem.

--
cheers
amit