On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Gora Mohanty<g...@sarai.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:14:18 +0530
> Hakuna Matata <narender.ho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>> For centralize  authentication i am using Fedora directory
>> Services
>>
>> I also have FreeNX server installed on the Linux Server and FreeNX
>> client on the windows machines. (for terminal server like
>> functionality)
>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FreeNX
>>
>> while goggling i got the the below article for creating multiple
>> profile in linux
>> http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/114319
>>

>> Now the situation is that my FreeNX client is not able to
>> authenticate via my Ldap/FDS Server.
> [...]
>
> Some more details, please. Can you connect with the Fedora
> directory server at all (is this pure LDAP?). If so, with
> what clients. Are you using ldaps? What error messages do
> you get when trying to authenticate with the FreeNX client?
>
> Regards,
> Gora

<SNIP>
 >Some more details, please. Can you connect with the Fedora
> directory server at all (is this pure LDAP?). If so, with
> what clients. Are you using ldaps? What error messages do
> you get when trying to authenticate with the FreeNX client?

yes i am able to connect to FDS via my linux client machines without
any issue. I am just using system-config-authentication and then
enabling the LDAP.  This is working great.

If i create a user by useradd command and then login via FreeNX then
it is working fine, but now i am not able to figure out how FreeNX
will use FDS to authenticate users that are in FDS database and not in
/etc/passwd file.

PS- I have to remove windows terminal server and need the approx
functionality with Linux box. i just have 6 users at present.

Best Regards