On Saturday 24 Jul 2010, Kartik Singhal wrote:
> [snip]
> What we need though is a method by which we can "reset" the 'user'
> account's home directory at each log in, deleting any traces of the
> previous user's activity and recreates these two icons. I had
> created the script to generate the icons, it can just be integrated
> to the solution of this problem.
>
> Though the Guest account that does this is available on ubuntu but it
> is only accessible when some other user is logged in and can't be
> accessed from the main login screen.

Not clear how usernames are generated.  Does every user have a fixed ID
allocated to him/her?  Because if the same username is used by two or
more people I don't see the difference between the user account and the
guest account.

In any case, have a look at the postexec parameter in smb.conf.  That
should allow you to run a script (which can clean out the directory,
e.g.) whenever a user disconnects from a share.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                r...@kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/