Aveek Sen said on Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 12:09:23AM +0500,:

 > What would be applicable for using internet via gprs on pc suite
 > based nokia phones? I've a nokia n72 & have never found the way to
 > do so yet.

Depends on how you connect the phone to the PC. If you use a USB
cable, it is likely that the phone is connected as /dev/ttyUSBX or
similar. Use the dmesg command to find out immediately after
connecting the phone.

Next, you can use a normal dialler, like wvdial /kppp to establish the
connection.

You can also use a similar procedure bluetooth; but I am not clear on
the specifics.

Please remember that most phones have 3 options in their menu - to
connect to a pc - as a USB memory device; as a modem; as something
else (like the "PC suite" option on Nokia devices.

For connecting using bluetooth, you first "pair" your phone with the
PC, and then use the options in the PC to establish TCP/IP over
bluetooth. gnokii makes this task easier; but configuring gnokii is a
real pain.

wammu / gammu is for backing up addressbooks and SMS messages. Backing
up would be easy; but writing data to the phone is a pain - my Nokia
5130 XpressMusic is supported for reading most date, but writing is
supported only for normal address books. Thus one name - multiple
number type and "group" type addressess cannot be written, but can be
backed up.