On Wednesday 17 Nov 2010, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 11/17/2010 12:20 PM, Raj Mathur (राज माथुर) wrote:
> > I'm old-fashioned (or maybe just old) but I still find it much
> > easier to read on paper than on a display.  It'll be a sad day
> > when all you can get is digitised books, unless digital paper
> > technology has advanced at least a few order of magnitude by then.
>
> Have you seen the latest generation readers ? eg. the B&N Nook or
> Amazon's Kindle3 ?
>
> I've been using the new amazon kindle3 for about 2 months now - and
> its quite nice - zero eye strain ( just about as comfortable to read
> over long durations as regular paper ). As long as they can make it
> possible to resell books and lend books to other people, I dont see
> myself going back to buying a paper book anymore ( as long as the
> epaper version exists ).

Well, the Kindle and its brethren are out anyway for me due to DRM.
Apart from that, I'll switch when the e-paper becomes as thick and as
flexible as, say, a 8-page newspaper supplement.  This is going
seriously OT, so I don't want to start listing out all the things you
can do w/ books that you can't with e-paper (or vice versa, for that
matter).

Regards,

-- Raju
--