On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 06:59:07PM +0530, shashwat chetan wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I am using a Toshiba NB100 netbook with Ubuntu netbook remix 10.04.
> Whenever I open the netwirk list to connect to my home network, it shows my
> network name twice in the list. One of them is the correct one while the
> other just tries to connect and fails. Sometimes neither of them work. What
> could be causing this to happen and how do I fix this? I am using a Linksys
> WRT54G router.

Have you by any chance used the "Edit connection" option in
NetworkManager to create a wireless connection. Regardless, right-click
on the NetworkManager icon, select "Edit Connections", delete all the
saved access points under wireless and try again.

> One more thing, I forgot the IP address I used for my router. How do I get
> that without disconnecting any wires from the router or resetting it?

Is that the internal interface of the router, or the external interface
to the ISP (assuming you have a static IP)?

- Sandip