vivek kumar said on Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 03:01:08AM -0500,:

 > i have install 10.10 ubuntu in Piv machine with 512mb ram but after
 > 30 minuts system hang but is the problem its ram issu plz suggest
 > me

The information provided is inadequate.

Please post output of:-

`uname -r` (this tells us the kernel version)
`lsmod` (kernel tells us the modules loaded)
`sudo lspci -vvk` (tells us the hardware and kernel drivers in use)

Does the machine respond to `Ctl + Alt + F1` key sequence? (this
should give you a command prompt).

Also, examine output of /var/log/Xorg.N.log. (after resetting from the
hang - replace  N with 0, 1 and 2)

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
 First they came for the Jews; and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.