Hi vivek,

Vivek do you have any other OS installed in your hard drive? I mean is it a
dual boot machine or just a ubuntu? If it is a dual boot, then, Is your
machine working fine with the other Operating system? Even i faced this
problem with my P4 machine. It was a dual boot machine having Ubuntu 9.10
and WinXP, and it was hanging after 10-15 min of boot. But that was an
hardware issue. So, you should check your hardware also. One way to do that
and ensure that your hardware is working fine is, try running Ubuntu Live
session with the ubuntu CD/DVD. If it hangs the live session then its
definitely a hardware problem else your hardware is working fine, it just a
problem with the software.

So, then you can try upgrading your ubuntu system if its possible else
re-installing is the best way to fix all issue...:)

Regards
Aman Thakur