<satyaa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The following has been an interesting read
> > http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Controversy-surrounds-Red-Ha
> > t-s-obfuscated-source-code-release-1200554.html
>
> See http://lwn.net/Articles/430098/
>
> It is a GPL violation.

Maybe I'm short-sighted, but I don't really see how it is a GPL
violation.  The GPL doesn't state anything about providing explicit
patches vs one monolithic source.  As long as the RH modifications are
appropriately commented and documented, it's very much within the letter
of the GPL.

Sure, it may violate the spirit to some extent, and it's not a move I'd
have wanted to see if anyone had asked my opinion, but I doubt if there
is any legal obstacle to RH doing things this way.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                r...@kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/