Abhishek Singh Bailoo said on Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 11:02:54PM +0530,:

 > Is there a cheap Andriod phone (sub 5k!!!) available with a call recorder.

Are not the call recorders available on the market doing the job?

And which phone is available at sub 5K?

 > (The trouble with call recorder is that Andriod does not allow access to
 > the voice buffer during a call. Hacks which record from the speakerphone
 > are aweful)
 >
 > The Chinese dudes at http://miuiandroid.com/ claim to have a ROM which can
 > do the trick. But only expensive (15k+) phones are supported.

You obviously have not tried the market place?

 > Question: How do I go about building a ROM for my sub 5k Android phone?
 >
 > Any wild / off-tangent ideas could be useful too :)

Have you tried forum.xda-developers?

There is plenty of literature out there available on how to do this.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
TRUTH,  n.   An   ingenious  compound  of  desirability  and