Amit Sharma said on Mon, May 21, 2012 at 12:35:46AM -0700,:

 > We would like to immadiatelty Pause the print given by command "lp -d
 > canon3225 -s"

haven't tried it myself, but I suspect you are looking for the -H and
-i options.  Not sure if cups recognises a hardware resume response
from the printer- I suspect it does.

I always use cut sheets. On some of my dot matrix printers, which have
a pause button, if I send a multi page print job, the printer will not
continue printing unless I resume printing. But I suspect that is
related to the hardware, not software. Not sure. I do not think a
software pause can be resumed from the printer.

 >  We want that user should go to the printer and manually resume the
 > print, this is required to ensure stoppage of paper wasteage.

See above.

 > Is there anyway to give the print in "pause" state?

Point a browser at http://localhost:631. Go to the relevant printer,
and use the "resume printing" button.

Whenever a print job goes bad here, I simply cancel the job and create
a fresh one.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
DICTIONARY, n.  A malevolent literary device for cramping the