On 01/30/2013 12:09 PM, Arun Khan wrote:
Greetings,

I am looking for Wi-Fi AP that:

1. Is stable (does not require frequent reboot or power OFF/ON)
2. Supports 802.11 b/g/n
3. Supports up to WPA2-Enterprise (RADIUS auth)  - a *must*
4. Has external Antenna

Desirable - Accepts DD-WRT / OpenWRT images.

Many list members may be using these Wi-Fi features in their own
office / home and I would appreciate if you could share you
experience.

Please mention brand/model.

I've been happy using ASUS RT-N66U. It supports b/g/n and has 3 external antennas which you can remove too. It has 3G backup mode via a USB dongle. The maximum I've run it without a reboot is for 9 days, but that's because the 3G dongle that I use creates trouble after 8-9 days, the WiFi continues to work though without issue.

As for WPA2-Enterprise, I haven't used it myself. What I see in the dropdowns available is
WPA2 Enterprise (which gives an option for AES),
and,
Radius with 802.1x

I've not used Radius earlier, so not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Regarding the firmware, there are multiple alternate firmwares available. I myself am using Merlin's firmware instead of the stock. It allows ssh into the system, and I can sort of use it as a computer, with a package management option. Additional packages can be installed since it has multiple USB ports, and you can have a storage device attached.

The cost is though on a slightly higher side - Rs. 14.5K I'd paid late last year.

Regards
Vivek Kapoor
http://exain.com