Hi,

On 8/9/12 8:12 PM, eric soroos wrote:
On 08/09/2012 10:08 AM, Alex Clark wrote:

IIUC, pil-2009-raclette contains quite a bit of new development. So if
folks don't want to wait for a release, they can open tickets and send
patches to Pillow to get them out the door. This especially includes
the need to address Python 3 compat. Here is the current Pillow home:

- https://github.com/python-imaging

I've got some patches against PIL 1.1.7 to do group 4 tiff decoding and
(experimental) group 4 tiff encoding.

https://github.com/wiredfool/Python-Imaging-Library-G4-Tiff-Support

These are a total rewrite of the original patch that hit the Image-SIG
list in July 2003, which never made it into the PIL distribution, since
in Fredrik's words:

The patch depended on too many libtiff internals for me to feel
confident that it was a good idea to add it to PIL's standard
distribution;

After digging through the patch when builds failed against newer
versions of libtiff, I concur.  I've rewritten it so that all operations
go through the public libtiff interfaces.

I'd love to see this make it into any of the currently developed versions.

Can you fork Pillow, make the changes, and send a pull request on GitHub?

Originally Pillow was a packaging fork, however I feel OK about making imaging code changes, as long as there is an upstream bug report referenced in the pull request.

Alex

eric

Alex Clark ยท http://pythonpackages.com/ONE_CLICK