Mark Crispin wrote:

>> I notice that RHEL4 now includes Dovecot and Cyrus imapd, not UW.
>
> I suspect (don't know) that it's based upon a(n incorrect) notion that UW
> imapd is under Pine's license.

RHEL usually only includes one app per functionality (ie, includes
openoffice, but no other office-like apps).  The fact that *2* (other) imap
servers are included seems to stretch that general rule.

It doesn't help that uw-imap's license is not yet OSI-approved
(http://opensource.org/licenses/), though my own (non-lawyer) inspection of
the license looked ok.  fedoraproject.org has asked them to review it
("University of Washington Free-Fork License") for (official) OSI approval.

-- Rex