Hi Mark,

--On Thursday, June 19, 2003 8:09 AM -0700 Mark Crispin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

|> There seems to be an ambiguity in the grammar regarding:
|>
|> UIDNEXT
|> UIDVALIDITY
|>
|> Zero is the ambiguity.
|
| I don't understand what you are saying.  Could you please clarify?
| Neither UIDNEXT nor UIDVALIDITY can be zero, and the grammar indicates
| that by using nz-number instead of number.

Actually the STATUS syntax uses 'number' for all the status responses, including the UIDNEXT and UIDVALIDITY values - i.e. the UIDNEXT and UIDVALIDITY STATUS response could legally be zero. What you probably need to do in the formal syntax is:

status-att-list = status-att-resp *(SP status-att-resp)

status-att-resp = status-att-z SP number / status-att-nz SP nz-number

status-att-z = "MESSAGES" / "RECENT" / "UNSEEN"

status-att-nz = "UIDNEXT" / "UIDVALIDITY"

--
Cyrus Daboo