I am using Red Hat Linux 7.3 as a mail server and Red Hat 9 as one of the
workstations, and I am finding that the imap response time is woefully slow.
I will click on "Get Mail" on the workstation and at times it will take up to
a minute to return a response from my mailbox. By comparison, POP3 is very
fast. For email clients, I have used Mozilla Mail, Evolution, Sylpheed and
Kmail and it is the same for all of them. Sometimes the mail client actually
times out and says that it has lost contact with the mail server, as it has
taken so long.

However, it may not be a solely imap problem, as Windows clients like Netscape
Mail are quite fast and nearly as fast as POP3, so perhaps it is operating
system-dependant.

Has anyone had any experience with this problem?

Regards,
Brad
Brisbane, Australia