What do you mean "it doesn't seem to help between connections"?  Is
there a client that's depending on the values being reflected to all
sessions?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of petite_abeille
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 2:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: shared mailbox permanent flags?

Hi Larry,

On Aug 18, 2004, at 23:08, Larry Osterman wrote:

> Actually if you set FLAGS to non empty and PERMANENTFLAGS to empty,
all
> the clients should work.  You need to maintain flags in-memory even if
> you can't persist them (it's in the spec), but most (if not all)
> clients
> handle the non persistence correctly (if you think about it, they
won't
> know the difference typically).

Ok. I'm now returning a FLAGS containing all the system flags and an
empty PERMANENTFLAGS:

1 select public
* 6 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 37]
* OK [UIDNEXT 7]
* FLAGS (\Answered \Deleted \Draft \Flagged \Recent \Seen)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS ()]
1 OK [READ-ONLY] SELECT completed

But this doesn't seem to help between connections. Is there something
else I need to take care of?

PA.