hi,

First of all, thank you for imdbpy. This is really plug'n play, well done !!!

Context :
- Import all imdb database (from text dumps) - first time it's fast and ok
- I have the imdb ids for 90% of titles and names (no need for companies and
characters)
- I'll pay imdb for using those datas (I need to control the datas instead of
using their own api)

My problem comes when imdbpy updates my database. It takes hours to save the
imdb ids and it consumes a *lot* of memory. Almost all of my RAM (24go) ...

Is there a way to optimize that step ? Why does it takes so much memory ?

I can help you with this if you don't have much time, I'm python dev but I need
input :)

Cheers,

- Emmanuel

PS : Sorry about my first non-member thread, wrong email ...