>I just encountered an issue with the main.cf file as provided by Len for the
>basic Imgate configuration and hope someone can clarify the situation for
>me. The issue came up when I needed to whitelist an email recipient address
>for a few of our users to the configuration and came across what looks to me
>like an error in the syntax. When I looked the the file main.cf I saw 2
>lines that on their own as shown below:
>smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>  reject_unauth_pipelining,
>  reject_non_fqdn_sender,
>  reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
>  reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
>  reject_unverified_recipient,
>  hash:/etc/postfix/to_recipients_bw.map,
>  reject_unknown_sender_domain,
>  permit_mynetworks,
>  reject_unauth_destination,
>  hash:/etc/postfix/to_recipients_bw.map,
>
>Shouldn't the "hash:/etc/postfix/to_recipients_bw.map" be on the same line
>as one of the restrictions as the "maptype:mapname"?

no, because we are in the smtpd_recipient_restrictions already

>  Also there are some
>"reject_" restrictions here I don't see listed in the Postfix book I have.
>
>Is the "/etc/postfix/to_recipients_bw.map" the correct place to add email
>addresses for our users who don't want email blocked?

yes, see
man 5 access

>  The users in question
>receive email from Korea for potential students and since I set up IMGate
>here they are being contacted by people telling them that email from these
>potential Korean students is being rejected.

look in the log file to see why exactly.  if the rejects are for header or
body checks due to kr character set, you remove the kr from filter. This is
found by inspection.  :)

smtpd process to_recipients_bw whitelisting won't have any effect on
rejects done by the cleanup process.

>  I have asked for the specific bounce messages but to date non have been
>supplied making it more difficult to track down the problem.

egrep the maillog file

Len