Steve,

That is exactly what I am doing at the moment on my secondary MX server. =
The
secondary Imail server was passing in excess of 200+ messages a day to =
the
primary Imail server (and that was after stopping about 80% of the total
secondary traffic from forwarding using various rules I had set up on =
that
Imail box. So, figure that I have about 1,000 messages hitting that box =
each
day.). As of this morning, the IMGate box was rejecting all but about 9
messages (of the initial 1,000) each day that hit the server.

Please keep in mind that this is my SECONDARY MX, so the ham/spam =
percentage
that hits this server is not at all typical. Almost all mail that flows =
the secondary is spam, which is why 99.1% is being blocked. I suspect =
that
of the nine messages that made it through the various filter rules, even
some of that was spam that was clever enough to have slipped by.

Right now, on the secondary MX I am using a combination of IMGate, =
various
other Postfix rule sets that I have developed (pretty simple =
anti-profanity
filters for the Subject: line), CLAMAV, F-Prot, MessageSniffer, various
RBLs, my own domain-based blacklist at
http://www.vantekcommunications.com/spam/ , etc. I have been =
experimenting
with Postgrey and will be implementing Spamassassin, eventually. Even
without Bayesian filtering and all of the other neat do-dads that
Spamassassin offers, you can still achieve some good numbers. I'm sure =
that
Len's advanced scripts stop a lot more as well. If I ever get the $$$ =
for my
IT budget someday, I will certainly add those as well.

William Van Hefner
System Administrator
Vantek Communications, Inc.
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]