On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 16:17 -0600, Len Conrad wrote:

> A shifting landscape for e-mail security
>
> By Joris Evers
> <http://news.com.com/A+shifting+landscape+for+e-mail+security/2100-7350_3-6147760.html>http://news.com.com/A+shifting+landscape+for+e-mail+security/2100-7350_3-6147760.html

Great article

> Companies such as <http://www.proofpoint.com/>Proofpoint and
> <http://www.barracudanetworks.com/>Barracuda Networks could be
> acquisition targets, Christy said. "Anyone in this space who is not
> public would like to be acquired," he said.
>
> The number of companies active in the space has decreased from about
> 150 in 2003 to about 75 now, said Dean Drako, CEO of Mountain View,
> Calif.-based Barracuda Networks, a venture-backed maker of antispam
> appliances. Yet Drako believes the market won't consolidate at the
> pace that pundits have proclaimed.

For what it's worth I have been using the barracuda box, along with a
couple of Imgates, it's a nice robust GUI interface alternative to
Imgate but still has shortcomings, reports, hardware expense etc.

--
Andrew P. Kaplan
www.cshore.com

"The world says that time is money, I say that time is life"

-- The Rebbe