From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Len Conrad
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 3:04 PM
To: IMGate@mgw2.MEIway.com
Subject: [IMGate] Re: how long for host records to arrive in TLD-servers?

>I think it can take up to 48 hours with some registrars. Others like
>Dotster update more often (hourly) although I think the root servers
>only update 1-2 times a day anyway.

Nit: we're not talking about the *.root-servers.net but about the
*.gTLD-servers.net, which are the .com domain parents.   A common
misstatement fostered the dnsreports.

We're nearly at 48 hours after the whois database was updated without the
updating of the *.gTLD-servers.net.  Maybe by Monday.

Len