>below is the log from my  non postfix server. It gets the 'too many errors'=
>  back from mx but the line above is tagging the message for later retry.

commment out the main.cf "reject_unverified_recipient". As I said in
the earlier msg, this fixes nothing, just allows the crap to get out
of the backend server and pile up in postfix.

>Postfix is validating the addresses during the communication with my new =
>mail server and just crapping out during the conversation.=20

smptd_hard_error_limit is probably set to 2 or 3, and the backend
server is sending too many bad recipients in a single smpt session.

Len