> sort by ascending IP address, octet by octet.

Ok ok. Its done

> They are also logged as warnings for "unverified" PTR
I never search maillogs with just a single ip... That also happens to
have a bad ptr...

Never saw that line before :)... Still using net::dns seems fast enough
so I'll just leave it that way.

> Not having a matching  A record is as bad as having no PTR at all.=20
> that's why postfix lists lumps them as "unknown" along with IPs that
have no PTR.

I know agree... I have to make some exceptions for the local idiots
though that I can't seem to get through to. Having the extra info in
reports is quite helpful. At least the bad ptr gives us more info than
unknown when reviewing reports..As long as its distinguishable against
good ptr's.