******************** The Calculemus Autumn School  ********************
******************** 23 September - 4 October 2002 ********************
********************           in Pisa             ********************
*************** http://www.eurice.de/calculemus-school ****************

The Calculemus Autumn School brings together an impressive number of
experts from computer algebra and deduction systems. The goal is to
train young researchers, high school teachers, and representatives from
industry on state-of-the-art research and current systems in this field.
The school is organised by the EU training network Calculemus and the
broader Calculemus interest group.
The main objectives of the Calculemus Autumn School are:
    - To give young researchers a perspective on the state-of-the-art
      in symbolic computation and symbolic reasoning
    - To disseminate advanced scientific knowledge on the integration
      of computer algebra systems and deduction systems
    - To foster contacts between the research communities of computer
      algebra, deduction, maths education, and industry
The participants will be trained both theoretically as well as
experimentally on selected tools.

Ph.D. students, maths and computer science teachers, and personnel from
industry are expected to participate in the training camp.

Location:
- ---------
 The City of Pisa: An important naval base in Roman times and a
 flourishing maritime republic until the 13th century. Pisa is now a
 lively university town renowned for its art and architectural treasures.
 Birthplace of Galileo Galilei and seat of a prestigious university,
 founded in 1343, Pisa is distinguished above all by the grandiose group
 of buildings in the Piazza dei Miracoli.

 Conference accommodation is secured at the 14th century monastry Santa
 Croce, which has been converted to a modern conference centre. Santa
 Croce in Fossabanda is situated near the historic centre of Pisa.

 The courses will be held at the University of Pisa and Santa Croce.

Organising Committee:
- ---------------------
 Christoph Benzmüller, Saarland University (Chair)
 Regine Endsuleit/Clemens Ballarin, University of Karlsruhe (Chair)
 Carlo Traverso, University of Pisa (Local Organiser)
 Jörg Siekmann, Saarland University (Calculemus Network)
 Jacques Calmet, University of Karlsruhe (Calculemus Network)
 Corinna Hahn, EPO/ Eurice GmbH (Calculemus Management)

Lecturers:
- ----------
  Alessandro Armando (Univ. of Genua, Italy)
  Christoph Benzmüller (Saarland Univ., Germany)
  Bruno Buchberger (RISC Linz, Austria)
  Alan Bundy (Univ. of Edinburgh, Scotland)
  Olga Caprotti (RISC Linz, Austria)
  Jacques Calmet (Univ. of Karlsruhe, Germany)
  Arjeh Cohen (TU Eindhoven, Netherlands)
  James Davenport (Univ. of Bath, England)
  Herman Geuvers (Nijmegen Univ., Netherlands)
  Fausto Giunchiglia (Univ. of Trento, Italy)
  Dieter Hutter (DFKI, Germany)
  Manfred Kerber (Univ. of Birmingham, England)
  Tom Kelsey (Univ. of St.Andrews,Scotland)
  Michael Kohlhase (Carnegie Mellon Univ., USA)
  Christoph Kreitz (Cornell Univ., USA)
  Ursula Martin (Univ. of St. Andrews, Scotland)
  Andreas Meier (Saarland Univ., Germany)
  Erica Melis (DFKI, Germany)
  Tobias Nipkow (TU München, Germany)
  Marco Pistore (ITC-IRST Trento, Italy)
  Marco Roveri (ITC-IRST Trento, Italy)
  Jörg Siekmann (Saarland Univ., DFKI, Germany)
  Volker Sorge (Univ. of Birmingham, England)
  Werner Stephan (DFKI, Germany)
  Andrzej Trybulec (Univ. of Bialystok, Poland)
  Wolfgang Windsteiger (RISC Linz, Austria)

Courses and Schedule:
- ---------------------------------
 For the list of courses and the preliminary schedule visit:
   http://www.eurice.de/calculemus/autumn-school/courses2.html
   http://www.eurice.de/calculemus/autumn-school/timetable.pdf

Student Programme:
- ------------------
 Students and participants are invited to submit short papers (max. 5
 pages) related to the school's objectives. The papers will be reviewed,
 presented in poster sessions, and published in a technical report.
 Submission deadline is 1st August 2002.

Excursions:
- -----------
 Excursions will be organised on Wednesday, 25th September and Wednesday,
 2nd October to the beautiful sites of Lucca and Cinque Terre.

Registration:
 Registration deadline is 1 July 2002.

Contact:
 E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Please visit our web-page for further information on the event:
           http://www.eurice.de/calculemus-school

--
|CHRISTOPH BENZMUELLER                   www.ags.uni-sb.de/~chris |
|                      FR Informatik, Universitaet des Saarlandes |