Hi!,

I was writing some code for automating the server fail-over and was trying to
see, how should or could I handle not run log files from sync_client. Well when
in a clean shutdown, it’s pretty easy to know how to manage because the
replication is up-to-date… so almost no problem there, it’s pretty fast... The
problem comes in an unclean shutdown where some delay exists.

I sometimes suffer about unclean shutdowns, the way are described here
https://www.fastmail.com/help/technical/architecture.html "Unclean failover”.
There sais too, some improvements where going to be done (or that were
committed perhaps) to the replication in order to avoid them. But, by the way
replication is handled (as I have seen in the source code about locks, modseq
checks and so) and the way Cyrus writes replication logs for rolling
replication later, the possibility of replying the logs from an actual slave
(just failed over), for covering a split-brain I assume is not carried out at
least nowadays?. Perhaps am I wrong?. I ask this just, for confirming and avoid
having wrong ideas…

If it’s undone or at least partially undone, I would love really doing
something… although unfortunately due to our high work load... I can’t say when
I could have some time for it… but I’ll try my bests...

Cheers!
To Unsubscribe: