Subject: Re: Enterprise Server Solution
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 01:08:24 -0800

Would it be too difficult to encapsulate this data
into one cyrus.conf file?

My imagination says that this would require a rewrite
of much of the server code to implement a new parser
and more brains in the master process.

I'm thinking of a scheme similar to some other
programs where you specify an IP address in
typical XML style and then put specific paramters
for that in that section.  I envisioned something
like:
--- begin cyrus.conf ---
<192.168.101.40>
    configdirectory: /var/imap/192.168.101.40
    partition-default: /var/spool/imap/192.168.101.40
    pwcheck_method: sasldb
    admins: cyrus,admin,joe
</192.168.101.40>

<192.168.101.41>
    configdirectory: /var/imap/192.168.101.41
    partition-default: /var/spool/imap/192.168.101.41
    pwcheck_method: sasldb
    admins: cyrus,admin,joe
</192.168.101.41>

... repeat as necessary ...
--- end cyrus.conf ---

I have this lurking thought that this kind of change
would end up reworking so much of the core architecture
of the supporting programs that it would be more work
than its worth at the current moment.  However, I thought
I would ask.

-- Michael --