[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <011501c09c3f$00b4b750$8181608f@cn
w.co.nz>

Hi.

Looking at the docs, in particular install-configure.html, it only
mentions problems on linux boxes after a crash, so it probably just
needs to be sure that all writes are fully completed. A journalling
filesystem should provide the same features.

As for the number of folders, 11500 is quite few, but it's only really
about 28 mailboxes per user. Looking at my own mail, I personally have
116. :-) I'm probably not quite "user typical", as I have lots of
filters for email reports from various systems around our network, not
to mention being subscribed to about 30 mailing lists. :-)

I've been thinking about it, I think doing either a filesystem upgrade
or doing an upgrade to 2.0.x will give you an acceptable performance
improvement, but doing both will allow your system to scale much better.

T.

--
Tristan Ball