Manfred Gschweidl wrote:

> hello all!
>
> i would happy, if anyone could help me, after more than two month of
> unsuccesfully trying to get sieve-vacation to work.
>
> following setup:
>
> suse 7.0
> sendmail 8.11
> cyrus 2.0.12
>
> lmtp transport is operating without problems. (tested with
> /usr/lib/sendmail -v testuser < testmessage - showing lmtp communication
> with the server)
>
> "fileinto", "redirect", etc are all working, but the only thing i can't get
> working is "vacation".
>
> my cyrus mailerdefinition looks as follows:
> Mcyrus,         P=/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver, F=lsDFMnqA5@/:|SmXz, E=\r\n,
>                 S=EnvFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
>                 U=cyrus:mail
>                 T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
>                 A=deliver -e -l
>
> vacation script:
> require "vacation";
>
> vacation :days 1 :subject "vacation reply" "blahblah....";
> redirect "[EMAIL PROTECTED]";
>
> the redirection is done, but i never receive an vacation message. i have
> tried it with 4 different e-mail addresses from outside the domain, but it
> doesn't work.
>
> i would be happy, if someone could help with this, because i don't know
> what i can do else???

Vacation needs to know what YOUR email address(es) are (via the
:addresses option) so that it only sends out responses for email sent
directly to you.  Without this option, the chances of vacation thinking
that a message was addresses to you is almost nil.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127