Nick Sayer wrote:

> Ken Murchison wrote:
>

> > Nick Sayer wrote:
> >>Hey great! This will let me work around MacOS X's Mail program's stupidity
> >>in this regard. Before I set up alt namespace, I couldn't get to any of my
> >>folders besides the INBOX! Doesn't anyone read an RFC anymore before they
> >>write software? Sheesh.
> >>

> > Who?  Me or the Mac guys?
>
> Sorry for the ambiguity. The problem lies in the MacOS X Mail client,
> NOT in cyrus. When you try and select a subfolder, you get an error back
> that "folder/subfolder" is not an acceptable mailbox name to the server.
> Well, of course it's not! :-) alt namespace was required before I could
> look at anything other than INBOX because, for example, I would get an
> error saying that it couldn't select "INBOX/Sent". Now I can get to all
> of the first level folders because they can be selected without
> separator chars, but I anticipate that I will be able to get to all of
> them with the unix separator patch. But if Apple had been able to read
> an RFC, none of it would be necessary at all.

I'm confused.  Are/were you running a patched version of Cyrus that
created folders with '/' as the separator?  My stuff is NOT compatible
with anything that actually stores folder names containing '/' in the
mailboxes DB (like David Fuchs' patch).  The whole premise of my
alt-namespace and hier-sep is to not change any of the on-disk files.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127