Hi, crew.  I'm going for my first installation of Cyrus imapd, running
sendmail and freeBSD 4.3.

I'm using the O'Reilly IMAP book as a guide, and everything *seemed*okay
until I hit the instructions for building the sendmail config file.  It
instructs me to add the following two lines to cyrusproto.mc:

        OSTYPE(freebsd4)
        DOMAIN('DOMAIN.COM')

Then I run:

        m4 ../m4/cf.m4 cyrusproto.mc > cyrusproto.cf

Every time I do this, I get the message:

        m4: . . /domain/'DOMAIN.COM'.m4: No such file or directory

as if it is looking for another script piece.  When I omit the domain line,
it seems to output fine.  But then I try O'Reilly's test for the sendmail
config:

        cyradmin -user cyrus localhost imap

and it returns:

        cyradm: cannot connect to server

Any ideas on where to start with this????

Thanks for any help,

Fred

Fred Ball
Programming