Hi,

We also had similar confusion with vacation.
One of the problem was that the internal name of the mail box was
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
example
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
and this is what vacation was looking for in the envelope.
We solved this by adding user's principal email address to the adresses
field.

Another problem is aliases.
My principal email address at work is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
but some people write to me at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
while others (more formal) at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and then the insiders (lazy ones) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
etc, etc, not to mention using cases where the complete
domain points to the same user.

Example case.
Instead of giving my users, [EMAIL PROTECTED] as the email address, I
can assign them
@username.domain.tld,
so they can use different email addresses for different lists, sites
etc.(One of the ways to figure out, who is selling your address).

How will vacation handle these cases?
I agree with Gary that specifying :addresses is confusing.

If it is possible, I would suggest two remedies.

1. Dont check for any envelope. If the mail has arrived to my box, then
it was destined for me and a vacation reply should be sent.

2. Look up address in some map such as LDAP mail aliases etc.

I prefer the first one, but it has one drawback.
Vacation replies will be sent to group addresses , example info@company,
sales@company etc.

regards.

--