Ali Asad Lotia wrote:

i would recommend that you look at amavisd-new for spam filtering. it plugs in between your mta (postfix, qmail, sendmail) and cyrus. there are also options to allow people to opt out of the spam filtering etc. pretty solid piece of software. i am using it with spamassassin and clamav (for virus checking). it can use many other anti virus packages. the url for amavisd-new is:

http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/

aal

I'm thinking your answer might be correct.

Even though I tried a rpm for amavisd-new and that was a pretty bad failure, it might make sense for me to just install and configure all of this without trying to rely on any packaging.