On 05.03.2005 05:58, kael wrote:

Also, it seems that everybody can post from my server - how to disallow access for posting and more generally to manage posting or reading ?

I've managed /etc/news with:
default xfer no
according to http://howtos.linux.com/guides/nag2/x-087-2-nntp.access.shtml but not sure it works and it'd be enough.

How to manage access (posting/reading) on port 119 ?

Is /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/nntpd -f enough ? http://linuxcommand.org/man_pages/nntpd8.html

This question was not very clear but I understood that the access is allowed in imapd.conf by allowanonymouslogin and that the reading/posting access is managed with nnptd's option '-f'.

I've managed /etc/cyrus.conf with the following lines ... :

# UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/lib/imap/sockets
SERVICES {

  # these are only necessary if receiving/exporting usenet via NNTP
  nntp          cmd="nntpd -T 0 -f" listen="nntp" prefork=3
  nntps         cmd="nntpd -s" listen="nntps" prefork=1

EVENTS {
  nntp          cmd="nntpd -T 0 -f" listen="nntp" prefork=3

... according to man nntpd:

-U uses
        The maximum number of times that the process should be used  for
        new connections before shutting down.  The default is 250.

-T timeout
        The  number of seconds that the process will wait for a new con-
        nection before shutting down.  Note that a  value  of  0  (zero)
        will disable the timeout.  The default is 60.

But the feed regularly stops to be delivered (after the 250th connection ?) and I need to re-launch cyrus-imapd.

How to manage /etc/cyrus.conf (or any other tool) so that the feed never stops to be delivered ? Should I use the '-U' option ?

Thank you very much for your help.

--
kael
---